I have to give you a little sneak peek of a post you'll see next week: I spent two days with Sara Wells and Kate Jones, authors of Our Best Bites! We chatted, ate lunch together, they came to my house and cooked, we even got a couple pictures together... and we did a lot of publicity work. They are so ridiculously darling - loved every minute with them. More next week... so stay tuned.
In the mean time, I have a bone to pick with movie-goers. I worked at the movie premiere of "Midway to Heaven"... the movie where Michelle Money [from the Bachelor] stars as Carol Holly. (And yes, I did briefly talk to Michelle Money. She is really quite great.) I helped at the will-call table a bit, and ran back and forth to the director's suite with special guests and cast members for the first little while.
1. Um, if you're getting free tickets to something, why do you demand better seats? Or demand to sit with your friends? Gratitude is a virtue.
2. I don't care if your friend is the main actor, everyone else is a special guest just like you, so you can wait in line with them.
3. If I ask you for your last name, don't mumble and turn your head... you're just going to have to say it again.
4. Please don't hit on me while I'm trying to get people their tickets - I don't have time for this.
5.Please breath all of your cigarette smoke out before you come and talk to me - I don't appreciate you blowing it in my face. *cough*
6. Thank you for saying thank you.
7. If you're telling me to hurry because you're missing the previews, I'm going to go at the same speed. You're the one who drove like a grandma to get here.
8. I really am pleasant to work with... I smile a lot and try to get people to smile back. So, I'm smiling at you right now. *Smile*
Have a great weekend!