Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Utah drivers... and drivers everywhere






So, at first I thought it was just Utah drivers. No, it isn't. Drivers are the same all over the place when it comes to balking at accidents on the freeway.

You know what I'm talking about.

You're driving along on the freeway/ highway, whatever you like to call it, at a nice speed of 70 mph (I record that speed to preserve my trust with my lovely mother who already thinks I speed...) and all of a sudden, you see the red break lights start flashing.

Your stomach flutters a little and you slam on your brakes. You veer a little into the other lane to see if there is an accident or a car with a flat tire or something... nope. Nothing. You're driving along at about 10 miles an hour now... that lasts for about 15 minutes.

Then, you see it. A car on the side of the road with its hood propped up. That's it. The car is pulled over to the side of the road with its hood popped up and the silly driver in the Mazda and Honda slow way down and with mouths hanging open, try to see any blood or guts. Dude, the hood is up... that's it. Keep driving!

As soon as you pass the stalled car, the space between you and the car in front of you increases and you're back up to 70* mph again.

When I come to a situation like that, the temptation to honk at the people who are slowing down by the accident shoots through the roof. Have I ever done it? Yes, I have. I also avoid looking at the accident in order to help decrease the slow down.

Want to help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting AE Jones: The Blog! I absolutely love hearing from you. Don't forget to "follow" me so I can "follow" you as well! Loves!