Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Can you just give it to me straight?!

How many times have you attended a baseball/ basketball game/ event where the National Anthem was sung?

I'm not sure if I can even fill up one hand counting the times where the National Anthem has been sung "straight." You know, the way Francis Scott Key wrote it... without the flailing of the voice at every pause. Don't get me wrong, there are people out there who sing the Anthem with so much gusto it sends chills up your arms, but for once, I would love to just have them give it to me straight and simple.

Saturday Night Live does a fabulous mock up of exactly what I'm talking about.

Click here to see SNL's skit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting AE Jones: The Blog! I absolutely love hearing from you. Don't forget to "follow" me so I can "follow" you as well! Loves!