Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Building trust with stangers

In Matthew 4:19 it talks about Christ calling Peter and Andrew to come and be fishers of men. "And they straightway left their nets and followed him."

What kind of man must Christ have been to command their attention in such a powerful and persuasive way? What attributes did He have that persuaded Peter and Andrew to simply drop their nets and follow Him?

Faith?

Trust?

Love?

Peace?

Patience?


Plus many other things...

I volunteer for an organization once a week where the people I am serving have a hard time building trust with strangers, at least right away.

Last night, the group of students who volunteer together, came together for a quick spiritual thought. The guy was talking about spiritual gifts and recognizing those gifts within us so that we can cultivate them and use them to bless the lives of others.

I have definitely come to understand the power and importance of building trust. But more importantly, I think we have to ensure that we emanate love and peace so that others feel calm around us and that they CAN trust us.

Last night, that barrier with a certain person, was overcome. Trust was gained. Sincere love was established. There is nothing better, nothing, than sharing Christ's love with others and literally seeing the happiness come to their eyes.

Tender mercies.

3 comments:

  1. In the conntext with it what you says I may Matthew 11:29
    "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

    by the way I like your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heinrich!! Schoen dich hier zu sehen! Danke dass du etwas gesagt hast -- ich freue mich! ich bin beindruckt -- deine Englisch ist wunderbar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ye my english is beter then once but not so good how I would like it....
    I learnt a lot from Sisters in the english class... and from some films I saw in englisch or in Japanese with English subtitles and from some foreign students with those I have worked.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting AE Jones: The Blog! I absolutely love hearing from you. Don't forget to "follow" me so I can "follow" you as well! Loves!