Monday, March 22, 2010

GO!

In the midst of watching "30 Rock" on NBC, [no, that isn't a weekly thing for me... I was eating dinner alone and wanted a little mind-numbing entertainment/ noise in a quiet apartment] I heard something and had a thought. [Dangerous, I know.]

We are a consumeristic society. [Don't let that comment scare you from reading on... it gets better.]

Duh, Self. Everyone knows that.

So why don't we do something about it?

Why couldn't we become an "inventing society?" However weird that sounds, I think it is so true. We consume and limit ourselves to ideas that are just presented to us, instead of going out and creating and producing ourselves. We all have ideas... I know we do. We all have the innate desire to invent or create something. Right?

Invention confession corner with AEJones:

Since I was little I have always wanted to invent a little LED screen that you could hook up to the back window of your car. If you were in a crunch and realized you needed to get over into the other lane in a traffic jam, you could have the passenger in your car type in something (or have some kind of pre-loaded comment like you find on your phone for text messages) to the effect of, "Sorry, can I merge into your lane?"

Then, when the driver lets you in, you can send them a thank you message: "Thanks for letting me in! Appreciate it! Have a nice day!"

Isn't that great? A little naive, I know. BUT... this illustrates my point: we all have those crazy ideas! Some may be a little more crazy than others. But we are a "making/creating" people!

I have added a new word to my "favorite word" list. [I may or may not have just created this said list and added this word to it...] "Mommypreneuers." I have no idea where I first heard that, but I love it.

My sister, we'll refer to her as Mrs. Hatch, is the little image that pops into my head when I think of the word "Mommypreneur." She is a genius when it comes to stuff like this. She majored in Marketing at BYU and has really taken her major and whipped it into shape. She has so many ideas: organic baby food, home-made-whole-wheat bread, Picture to Portrait... She has a few more but these are three that she has started to really do something with. She had ideas and she did something about them. Another great example is Mrs. Fussypants. Love her.

I think we should let it [our desire to invent and create] out a little more and not stifle it so, by allowing our consumeristic society to push in on us.

GO! CREATE! Have fun with inventing and doing something with those ideas that have been floating around in your head for however long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting AE Jones: The Blog! I absolutely love hearing from you. Don't forget to "follow" me so I can "follow" you as well! Loves!