Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cobb Salad

After class today, I ran and grabbed a Cobb salad from the Blue Line Cafe in the TNRB. I sat down with my copy of The New York Times and was reading up on Obama's address to public school children. I was enjoying it, and felt that I was sincerely educating myself on what is going on in the world. And then ... Mr. Suave came around and asked if he could sit down with me. I smiled and said sure -- I guess I missed the flirting memo on the mission that said "smiling" and saying "sure" is a cue to start a conversation. No. I'm reading and eating my Cobb salad (no eggs... thank you Julie.)I was polite but aloof. I ate quickly because I was already late for work, and started to gather my things when he turned and asked me a few questions and asked if he could get to know me better. Smooth bud. I politely averted the question, wished him well, and ran out. My adrenaline helped me get up the Tanner building, sprinting, two steps at a time. Those are some mean stairs. I got to work, and am now writing about my experience. Moral of the story: eat Cobb salads.

2 comments:

  1. Jonesey! I just found your blog and love it. Your writting is awesome. Those Tanner stairs are killer. Way to work it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness girl, we SO need to go out and eat Cobb salad together and learn how to DATE again! Seriously...poor boy. you left him in the dust! how will they EVER catch you. At least you were in the right building. Keep staying there...he'll come back. ;) Next time share the salad.
    LOVES!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting AE Jones: The Blog! I absolutely love hearing from you. Don't forget to "follow" me so I can "follow" you as well! Loves!