Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Swine flu vaccination?

As the new year starts here on campus, there are so many precautions being taken against swine flu. I have to be honest -- I don't know why everyone is freaking out. I think it is good that we are being a little more careful in washing our hands and keeping things clean ... but in my opinion, swine flu is nothing special. It is the flu. Sure, some doctors are saying it is horrible and the next "pandemic," while others are just reminding us of the same, timeless advice: eat well (proper nutrition), get enough sleep and take your vitamins. "Live long and prosper." (That was for you Zack.)

Really. I think if humans rethought their eating habits, got enough sleep every night and supplemented their diets with healthy vitamins, things would be a lot more different. A lot more. (SIDE NOTE: You may ask why we need vitamins? The food manufacturers don't include the proper nutrition factors in our foods today... there are so many nasty preservatives that so much of our food today is dead... or in other words, not fresh and full of nutrition. So, with the lack of nutrition in our natural foods, we have to get those vitamins and minerals from other places... vitamins. Also, see my post on healthy eating habits from 6/18/09 for more info on this topic.)

I digress.

The following article inspired this blog post -- it has some really interesting facts on why we shouldn't vaccinate against swine flu.

Here's to you Porky.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more!

    I was twittered the following link today:

    http://web.mac.com/rblaylock/Russell_Blaylock_M.D./Swine_Flu_Data.html

    It was written by a doctor... not sure what I think of it yet, but I figured you'd like to chew on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super interesting link... great article. Thanks for posting that Megs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...is that a fat joke? i feel like it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting AE Jones: The Blog! I absolutely love hearing from you. Don't forget to "follow" me so I can "follow" you as well! Loves!