Wednesday, November 24, 2010

10-year-old wisdom

No, not wisdom that is ten years old, rather, wisdom from a ten-year-old. In this case, my ten-year-old niece.

She recently had "the talk" [you know... "that" talk...] with her parents and in a telephone conversation with her, she told me, "they were more embarrassed talking about it than I was... but I was still embarrassed." Aren't we all.

She called me last night to tell me about a boy at church who is kind of new in the area, but she caught him "looking her up and down." Oh goodness. The kid is eight years old. How young are they starting these days?

She also asked me about my dating life [is that legal conversation ground for a 10-year-old?] and I told her I am just trying to find the right boy to marry. She gave me the following advice, "Well, you just have to make sure you love him. Love is definitely the most important thing. If you love him, marry him."

Got to love the 10-year-old wisdom/advice. If only it were that simple.

5 comments:

  1. VERY cute-can't wait until my niece is old enough to talk on the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, cute, right? I still can't believe she is old enough to have conversations like this! So crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this cuteness!
    and yes so young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this one! Makes me think about my 10 yr. old son and how I had "this conversation" with him a few months ago, but only because they had this theme at school. (He had nightmares after they talked about this at school). There is one boy in his class and he is in love with one of his classmates. My son came home the other day and told me about this boy and girl. Son: I think they are way to young to be in love. Mom: Good boy! ;D I´m glad I don´t have to worry about this one to early.
    Ashley, I love you blog layout! The header looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Verena - your son is so darling! Smart that he thinks they are too young! Hopefully you won't have to worry about it too much with him! ;) Thank you so much for the compliment - you're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting AE Jones: The Blog! I absolutely love hearing from you. Don't forget to "follow" me so I can "follow" you as well! Loves!