Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blue toothpaste is not an accessory

I went to the dentist last week.

Blech.

I left the dentist's office and got in my car and looked in my rear view mirror and saw the following: [the following descriptions brought to you by Hidden Valley Dental:]

1. Worn off blush and lipstick because the assistant's hands were resting on my face as she cleaned my toothies. [Not sure why I wore lipstick to the dentist anyway... I knew it was going to get rubbed off.] [Um, that kind of sounds scandalous.]
2. Flat, bed hair from lying down on the chair. [This was an 8 am appt, mind you... I had to work the rest of the day with flat hair. Does that make me high maintenance?]
3. My favorite: flecks of blue toothpaste in my hair, on my glasses and on my face. [Attractive, but not an accessory.] Let's try and keep it in the mouth next time, mmm k, pumpkin?

On the upside, my dentist did tell me I have been taking "particularly good care" of my teeth. But don't tell him I only floss once a week... I hate flossing.

6 comments:

  1. I hate flossing too! I could be much better. And I really don't go to the dentist unless I have a toothache. I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, flossing could be much better. Not sure how, but it could be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the dentist last week and I came out similarly disheveled. The hygienist even knocked my headband off twice, so that I just left it off the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha - Krista! Love the choice of word: disheveled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. flossing is so good. I always try to do something awesome while flossing....listen to an awesome song, or watch something really cool or inspirational so that I associate it with good things. You know people who floss regularly live on average 7 years longer than those who don't. (for reals - I saw this in a Washington Post article).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy, you are a very optimistic person. Thank you. And 7 years? Wow. I think I actually read that same article, though had forgotten about the 7 years part. Good reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting AE Jones: The Blog! I absolutely love hearing from you. Don't forget to "follow" me so I can "follow" you as well! Loves!