Monday, November 29, 2010

Painted Ladies

And by painted ladies, I mean my finger nails.

I broke/ chipped all my nails the other night doing some Christmas decorating at work. Sad. So on Thanksgiving [after my tryptophan-induced nap] I pulled out the nail file and started evening things up a bit. I was going to paint them with the normal base coat and a pale pink [like always...boring], but then I shuffled through my colors for a second and decided it was time to pull out the winter colors.

I say "colors" and it makes it sound like I'm the "Imelda Marcos" of nail polishes. To be sure, I do not have 2700 bottles of nail polish. Oh geez.

By colors, I mean two. Both chosen for their color, not their name: "An Affair in Red Square" and "Quarter of a Cent Century".

Girls, it's amazing what a fun cranberry color will do for your nails and holiday spirit!

6 comments:

  1. I do like to add a little sluttiness to my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA! So, you calling me a slut!? "SLOR!" (I hope you know which movie I'm quoting..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed your nails at lunch on Friday and was going to tell you that they looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to be more adventurous with my nail color, but I paint them and feel too girly. I am a girl though so I shouldn't feel so weird :) Your blog is so cute! I love how your header always changes. I need to figure out how to be more creative like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kehly! I totally agree with you on the girly part... but after you do it once or twice, you kind of get used to it and start to like it! :) At least, that was how it was for me. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting AE Jones: The Blog! I absolutely love hearing from you. Don't forget to "follow" me so I can "follow" you as well! Loves!